The new version of PubSub+ Event Portal makes it easier for developers and solution architects to discover, catalog, govern, and visualize Apache Kafka event streams, including those from Confluent and Amazon MSK.
Here’s a brief summary of what you can do with these new capabilities:
- Discover and import Apache Kafka, Confluent, and Amazon MSK event streams, including their payload schemas and application interactions so you can capture exactly what data is going where. Visualize application topologies so you can gain insights into your systems.
- Catalog the event streams flowing within Apache Kafka environments for other developers to browse, search, understand, and ultimately reuse.
- Collaborate with your teams to extend your existing architecture by designing new apps and services by leveraging the data flowing through your brokers – which, in turn, can produce new events that can be distributed by Kafka or other brokers.
- Rerun discoveries to identify and flag new events, schemas, consumer groups, and connectors that were not previously present in runtime or design time workspaces.
- Govern your data by starting with a definition of the intended design (in terms of schema format, topic structure, and authorized consuming applications) in the PubSub+ Event Portal Designer, and compare it with what has actually been implemented and deployed in your environments.
To walk you through the process of using our discovery agent to scan a Kafka cluster (provided by Solace) to import and view the discovered data, we created a codelab that you can follow step by step. https://codelabs.solace.dev/codelabs/...