A growing number of customers are choosing to bind their Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) applications to Solace PubSub+ event brokers. PubSub+ is a great match for PCF application developers, many of whom are developing event-driven microservices with Spring. The Solace PubSub+ for PCF tile makes deploying PubSub+ in PCF simple, manageable and repeatable.
The tile has been available for over a year and has matured over various releases. In September, with version 2.1 we added support for Solace PubSub+ Standard Edition, a forever-free enterprise-grade message broker that supports publish/subscribe, queueing, request/reply, and streaming, along with integrated high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR).
Now, just in time for the holiday season, we are releasing version 2.2.0 of the PubSub+ for PCF tile, which is chock-full of useful, customer-requested features.
Summary of new features:
- On-demand service broker
- Support for application security groups (ASGs)
- Service instances are ready for dynamic message routing
- Configurable webhook triggered by service lifecycle changes (create, update, delete)
- Export/import service instance configuration settings for service backup and restore for migration
- Operator-configurable service plans
The release includes other features and fixes you can learn about in the release notes, but I’d like to explain the most noteworthy additions and enhancements.… Read the rest