The PubSub+ Connector for Databases provides a 2-way integration with many popular databases via the Java Persistence API (JPA). The source or target tables are generated into connector-usable entities that provide column-level mapping of source queries and target batch inserts/updates.
The Connector has been tested with various enterprise databases such as:
- Oracle (11c, 19c)
- SAP HANA
- Microsoft SQL Server / Azure SQL Server
- Other databases supported by Java JPA are to be tested. Let us know which database(s) you need to work with.
This 2-way integration is configured via “workflows” in your connector instance. A workflow is a source-to-processing-to-target data pipeline configured within the connector runtime. Each workflow (you can have up to 20 defined per connector instance), defines a source (e.g. PubSub+ queue), any header processing necessary for the target, and a target destination. When active, events will stream across these Workflows.
Features & Use Cases
The connector is available as:
- A runnable package based on a Java JAR file including a start script
- A container image suitable for running in a container runtime such as Docker or Podman (note this image is not available on Docker Hub at this time. Solace is working on adding it there. In the meantime, there is a download link in the “resources” section of this connector to download the image directly)
The PubSub+ Connector is a “self-contained connector” from Solace. All self-contained connectors share a common architecture and provide a number of enterprise services to the connectors such as:
- A local management server accessible over HTTP(s) and JMX exposing endpoints for:
- Health check
- Metrics monitoring
- Log file access
- Workflow adminstration (start & stop workflows)
- A common set of configuration options for:
- logging – log levels, log file size, archive and rollover rules, appenders to export to other log services
- security setup for management endpoints – authentication and authorization to the endpoints, TLS for HTTPS endpoints
- Various runtime deployment options:
- Active_Standby – for redundancy (you can have more than 1 standby instance)
- Active_Active – for horizontal scaling (where the source of data will support multiple active consumers such as a non-exclusive queue in PubSub+)
This connector will be available for download soon. In the meantime, please Contact our Connector Team by filling out this form and we will promptly get back to you with the software.