The PubSub+ Connector for Files provides integration of file-based data with PubSub+ Event Brokers and the event mesh.
The connector works by “event-enabling” files by turning file data into Event messages for either ingest into a PubSub+ broker or from a broker to a file. Using the event mesh, files can participate in message-based application patterns like microservices and event-driven architectures.
This 2-way integration is configured via “workflows” in your connector instance. A workflow is a source-to-processing-to-target data pipeline configured within the connector runtime. Each workflow (you can have up to 20 defined per connector instance), defines a source (e.g. a file on an SFTP server), any header processing necessary for the target, and a target destination (e.g. a PubSub+ Topic). When active, events will stream across these Workflows.
This connector will be available for download soon. In the meantime, please Contact our Connector Team by filling out this form and we will promptly get back to you with the software.
Features & Use Cases
The connector is available as:
- A runnable package based on a Java JAR file including a start script
- A container image suitable for running in a container runtime such as Docker or Podman
The PubSub+ Connector for Files is a “self-contained connector” from Solace. All self-contained connectors share a common architecture and provide a number of enterprise services to the connectors such as:
- A local management server accessible over HTTP(s) and JMX exposing endpoints for:
- Health check
- Metrics monitoring
- Log file access
- Workflow adminstration (start & stop workflows)
- A common set of configuration options for:
- logging – log levels, log file size, archive and rollover rules, appenders to export to other log services
- security setup for management endpoints – authentication and authorization to the endpoints, TLS for HTTPS endpoints
- Various runtime deployment options:
- Active_Standby – for redundancy (you can have more than 1 standby instance)
- Active_Active – for horizontal scaling (where the source of data will support multiple active consumers such as a non-exclusive queue in PubSub+)