The last few years have seen more people recognize the strategic importance of hardware appliances, especially in the capital markets. Wall Street’s “need for speed” continues unabated, and the financial crisis made it imperative for firms to reduce both short- and long-term costs in all areas. These factors have generated tailwinds in favor of firms adopting hardware-based appliances in the financial services sector. Appliances have also been on the uptake in other markets, often for different of completely different reasons.
As the leading provider of messaging middleware appliances, we have had a front row seat as this market and trend have taken off. We’ve been fortunate enough to win the trust of many of the world’s largest companies, and as a result have experienced continuous and rapid growth through this period. Our momentum in capital markets has been well chronicled, and we are winning an increasing number of customers in government, telecom, logistics, cloud computing, gaming and other markets.
In an effort to better understand the state of the market, we recently completed an internal exercise engaging our customer facing staff and many key clients to capture the list of reasons they chose us. This exercise was intended to help us understand our value prop and competitive advantages, but it occurred to me that the results would be useful to anyone interested in the subjects of hardware, appliances, middleware, and especially messaging middleware. You could figure most of this out by scouring our website or talking to someone who has deployed Solace, but I thought it would be helpful to lay it out here over the next couple weeks as list of the “top 10 reasons” companies are choosing Solace. Some of the reasons were expected and obvious, but some were rather surprising (to us).
Here are links to each of the ten reasons:
- Reason 1: Appliances save them money
- Reason 2: Appliances make their lives easier
- Reason 3: Appliances deliver huge performance gains
- Reason 4: Messaging appliances rack up assists like Wayne Gretzky
- Reason 5: Infrastructure and application consolidation
- Reason 6: Appliances remove the operational blindfold
- Reason 7: Content and location routing in real-time
- Reason 8: Guaranteed messaging fit for the 21st century
- Reason 9: Solace lets applications “Think & Act Globally”
- Reason 10: Solace’s Commitment to Innovation