I’m very happy to announce that we have launched a new developer portal with a wealth of resources that will help architects and developers be even more successful building applications with Solace technology. That’s the headline “what” news, but let me back up and explain the “why.”
The launch of our Virtual Message Router (VMR) software product earlier this summer made it much easier for individual developers to get their hands on Solace message brokers. Even though it was an early release, we could immediately tell this new software was going to be in very high demand, both as a standalone product and as a way of simplifying the development of applications slated for deployment onto our hardware.
We knew that to support this demand we’d need to give people self-service access to not just the software itself, but to documentation, tools and tutorials that would help them be successful with it, so we accelerated our plans to build our full-featured developer portal. You’ll find all kinds of resources on this new site:
- The ability to download the VMR and APIs for popular platforms and programming languages
- Step-by-step tutorials that teach you how to set up and start using Solace
- Developer guides for our APIs, integration guides for popular commercial and open source software, and full product documentation.
- Demos and a developer blog where we’ll be posting articles about technical topics and announcing new content and tools
- A community forum where you can ask questions and share ideas with fellow users and Solace product experts
My favorite thing about our new developer portal is that the tools and tutorials we’re providing will make life easier for anybody working with Solace technology, including long-time customers building applications for our hardware appliances.
We’ll be adding lots of new and interesting content over time, so please subscribe to the developer portal blog to stay in the know. We think there’s something for everyone, and hope you find it useful yourself, so please check it out and let us know what you think!