Editor’s note: In September 2019, Pivotal changed the name of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) to Pivotal Platform.
This week we’ve released the latest version of our Solace PubSub+ for PCF tile. Version 2.1.0 is now generally available as part of the Pivotal Network.
Key among the new features is support for the totally free Solace PubSub+ Standard edition of our advanced event broker.
This means PCF users can now choose Solace’s free, robust, production-deployable PubSub+ technology within PCF. PubSub+ Enterprise – which provides increased performance and scaling – is also available in the tile.
Providing PCF users with Solace’s rock-solid alternative to other free message/event brokers will enable developers to adopt all the common message exchange patterns, as well as other capabilities such as streaming, queuing and replay that are needed for today’s event-driven architectures—and do so in one broker and without making a purchase commitment.
The tile makes available:
- CredHub support, which increases security by storing service instance credentials in CredHub.
- Enhancements that enable additional use cases like blue-green application deployments.
- The latest 8.12.0 release of Solace PubSub+ which offers the following exciting features:
- Encryption + Compression for bridge connections: Inter-broker bridge connections can now be established using compression over TLS to minimize WAN bandwidth usage while still maintaining data security. This is especially important for cost savings when your event data traverses diverse cloud environments.
- JMS Message Priority support that lets you ensure higher-priority messages are delivered to consumers before lower-priority messages.
JMS Message Priority support that lets you ensure important messages are delivered to consumers before lower-priority messages. As with previous versions of the PCF Tile, developers can follow simple installation instructions and have PubSub+ installed and ready to use in just a few minutes.
You can learn all about the Solace PCF tile in the Pivotal partner docs site.
The roadmap for the next two versions of the Solace PCF tile will be released soon. It includes lots of important features for PCF users, such as:
- On-demand service broker for deploying the PubSub+ service instances to enable more efficient use of the underlying resources by employing a true elastic-scale deployment model.
- Operator Configurable Service Plans: Allows customization of the PubSub+ event broker service plans made available to developers to help further improve resource usage efficiency and to align the scale of the service plan options more closely with the needs of the developers’ applications.
- Application Security Groups (ASGs): Reduces operator effort in ASG-restricted environments by dynamically opening security groups to let apps reach newly created service instances.
- Dynamic Message Routing: Allows users to setup a dynamic subscription-based event mesh for moving messages/events between applications in different PCF spaces, orgs, foundations, or even completely different non-PCF cloud environments.
- Message Replay: Allows users and apps to request that a broker resend published messages after they have previously been delivered, to satisfy several different application use cases.
So stay tuned as there’s a lot more to come!
For more information about how Solace and Pivotal work together, visit our PCF page.